Taiwan Updates, Pictures, and more.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

home again

I'm back in Taichung. I arrived Tuesday afternoon after another long day of traveling. This was a great trip for me, kind of a little breather up out of the water to refocus. I really enjoyed the way of living over there which isn't so material and consumeristic. People seemed content with what they had. It was also great reconnecting and catching up with friends.
The funny thing is that I slept great almost every night while I was in the UK, but now after a day of jet lag, where I slept 14 hours, I only could sleep 2 hours last night. I just ordered a bed frame, so maybe the raised height will help out a little bit. The weather has also been pretty hot. I think I enjoyed the cold weather because you can always get warm, but it's hard to sleep when it's hot and humid, and i think there is something wrong with my A/C.
My roommates are going away for the Chinese New Year, which is coming up. Josh is going to Thailand, and Kevin is going to Hong Kong. So i'll be here by myself for a few days next week. So if you want to come to Taiwan and celebrate Chinese New Year with me, you're more than welcome.
I got a job interview/demo on monday, but i don't know if I can take the job if it's teaching kindergarten, because it's against the law for foreigners to teach kindergarten. It's actually been tough lately finding a job, and I've notice that there is reverse-racism going on here, mainly in the english teacher field. I got turned down for a job, because I wasn't "foreign" looking.
It was nice to find out today that people actually read these updates of mine. I didn't know if anyone actually read my silly stories.
until next time, good night.
W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home