Taiwan Updates, Pictures, and more.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

London

Today I spent the entire day in London. I arrived at King's Crossing train station around 10:30am, and kind of wandered around looking for the open top bus tours thing you see on TV. I finally found it after asking a bunch of different people. The tour was awesome, except it was really cold today and because I wanted to take pictures, I sat on the upper deck of the bus, which made the tour just a little bit more uncomfortable. But I got to see the Tower of London (family jewels), Big Ben and the Parliament buildings, the London Eye (shut down today), the Tower & London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, the National Gallery, Westminster Abbey (which I really wanted to go inside, but it was closed when I got there), and other tourist attractions. I took a lot of pictures, but after a while it seemed like I was taking pictures of the same building because they were so similar in many ways.
Later during the day I met up with the friends I'm staying with and we went to the shops around Oxford Circus and then ate dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant. I kind of want to go back to London, because there were a bunch of things that I didn't do yet, but things in the UK are so expensive and it's kind of weird doing it all by yourself. So we'll see. I put my pictures of my trip so far on my picture page, so you can check out the things I've seen.
Tomorrow I'm going with my friend to Aberdeen, Scotland, because he's going to try to find a place to live and move his family, since he'll be studying there for the next few years. We're going to going for two nights, maybe three. I'm excited for that.
Also, I have been sleeping very well here, I don't know what it is, but I seem to always be able to sleep when I'm here. I'm just happy to be able to sleep. Thank God.

DSC03101.JPG

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wesley, sounds like an adventure you will not forget. Traveling and experiencing new things are amazing. It's a learning experience you will cherish and treasure for years to come. Enjoy it! Have fun and be safe. Luv ya! AuntD.

10:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home