Taiwan Updates, Pictures, and more.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

boohockey

Honestly, I've been feeling a little burned out lately. After many consecutive days of activity, from conferences, church ministry, tutoring, looking for work, activities, etc, etc I sometimes wonder if I've taken on too much stuff. On the up side however, I have learned how to gauge myself and know when things are starting to go in the wrong direction. I've always tried to tough it out through those times before, only to hit bottom one way or another. We'll always be busy, unless we're living in Fiji, husking coconuts, fishing for tuna and living off the land, but we don't always have to be distracted. I don't even know what I'm saying at this point. It's late.
Some good news, I had the opportunity to share the Gospel to one of the people I'm tutoring. He's 25 and he's going to Atlanta, Ga, for 8 months to study English in a few months, but he wanted extra practice with his conversational English. In our last session we were talking about, what else; girls and relationships. After talking about how foreigners are taking away the local Taiwanese girls and other interesting things like that, he started to ask about me and if I had to follow a set of "rules" because I'm a Christian. I told him I didn't like that term, but nonetheless they are there, not to restrict us, but in order to set us free. I started to go more in depth into what I meant by that and then he asked me about when you break the "rules" and have to confess. I agreed with him and we got into a discussion about sin/forgiveness and that's when I told him the story about Jesus and what He came to do.
I've also been coming to grips with my own "lostness", no not the show, although it's a great show. But about my own fallenness and ugliness. A lot of ministry is aimed at making you feel better or giving you more self-esteem. But the truth is that we are all pretty messed up. And as unapologetic that is, it is, at least for me a great realization and something that leads me to take my eyes off myself and look and learn from Jesus. This is part of the reason I have been better at gauging where I am at. For example, I know that I should be sleeping right now.
Lastly, my roomate Kevin and I will be going to Singapore next week Thursday. We will be meeting up with my missions pastor from Rock Harbor for a few days as he has a lay-over on his way to India. I'm excited for this trip, it will be a great to meet with him. Please pray for safety. Also, tomorrow is the Amazing Race - Taichung. Pray it goes well if you read this in time.
1461488054.jpg
Mahal Kita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home