Taiwan Updates, Pictures, and more.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Singapore #3

I don't have much time because I purchased a 30 min. internet access at the hotel. So to be brief...Singapore has been great so far. Kevin and I have done a lot so far. It's been great to experience and see so many different cultures coming together. There are Chinese, Indian, Arab, Malaysian, Singaporean people all living in a tiny little island. We stayed in an Arab area, where there was a lot Middle Eastern people. Then we changed yesterday to a nicer hotel, the Furama Riverfront. We got to go around a lot of places. We explored Chinatown, Orchard Road which is like a long street of malls. We went an area by the Singapore river, ate at great chinese, thai, local singaporean, and American restaurants. Yesterday we went to a music festival where we heard great latin music and even met a local singer there, Deb Fung. Today, we went to City Harvest Church, which is like a huge church here with I think 20,000 people. They hold their services in the Singapore expo which seats 7,000. Got to go on a night safari tonight, walked through trails to see leopards, bats like inches from your face, and other interesting jungle animals. We just got back. I'm uploading my pictures on my flickr page, so check that out if you wanna see some the things I've seen.
W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home